Thursday, July 30, 2009

DEADLINE

Today was supposed to be the deadline for making a decision on lumpectomy or mastectomy. The call came in at the 11th hour and I received a 'reprieve!' An appointment has been made for me to talk to an oncologist (Dr. P) next Friday. Once we talk and I know more about what to expect, I can make an educated decision about the lumpectomy versus mastectomy. Lumpectomy = chemo, then surgery, then radiation. Mastectomy = chemo, then surgery, then potentially more chemo and/or radiation.I also have to decide on whether to have the surgery in Waco or go to Dallas or MD Anderson in Houston. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

  1. You should definitely have your surgery at MD Anderson. My mom and I checked it out last year and they are sooo good at what they do. They even have a "Touched By Cancer" retreat place. It's like a spa where you can have accupuncture and massages and just do relaxing therapies. They believe that reducing your stress is part of the healing.
    -Renee

    ReplyDelete