Thursday, July 30, 2009

FAMILY

JULY 1, 2009

The most difficult part of learning I had The Thing, was to tell my mother and my sons. I don't recall a lot of it because I was still in a blur myself. My mother reacted as any mother would react to news about her child. She's better now and has been assigned to handle what I can eat and cannot eat during the chemo phase. My son, John, in his typical manner simply said, "Forget your vanity, Mom, cut the (#!%$*) things off!" My son, Derrick, took the news much the same as me. He said he felt like the rug had been pulled out from underneath him and the he couldn't breathe. Both boys have rallied around me. John's wife, Jaci, sends me photos of my granddaughter, Kaylee, to make sure I have a smile every day. Derrick and his girlfriend, Jenna, ordered pink 'breast cancer awareness' bracelets for everyone! I'm not sure all the guys in my office are into wearing pink bracelets, but they've sure shown me great support.

1 comment:

  1. Kaylee is so adorable! Even if there is a day you don't feel like so hot one day, how can you resist breaking into a huge smile when you see that precious face? Sandi

    ReplyDelete