Thursday, July 30, 2009

THE THING

July 3, 2009

I will not say "my breast cancer." I will not own the cancer in any way. Because a dear friend, Kenny Hansmire, won't say the "Big C" word either and called it "the thing," I have decided that's its name. Medically speaking, The Thing is Invasive Ductile Breast Cancer. Downside: The cancer itself is very aggressive. Upside: Once treated, it does not tend to spread to the other breast. My emotions are about the same--upside down and downside up. There have been a couple of 'meltdowns' this week with tears flowing like Niagara Falls. I know that's normal under these circumstances--borne out of so many emotions. I am mad, I am scared, and I don't have time for this! Fortunately, I have slowed the 'water works' and seem to be getting a grip. I just need more information in order to make a decision on which procedure to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment