Thursday, July 30, 2009

DON'T BREAK A TOOTH--YOU'LL GET BREAST CANCER!

I broke my tooth last night and had to make an emergency trip to the dentist first thing this morning. Then, I had an appointment with my internist, Dr. Elizabeth Turnage, to get the results of a routine biopsy done last week. A co-worker offered to go with me, but I said, "No. There is nothing wrong, so don't worry about it." That's was the last thing I remember about my life...as it was...everything changed in a matter of minutes. What in the world is going on here? I have breast cancer? No. No way. Dr. Turnage -- I don't have time for this! Something is very wrong here. I can't catch my breath. Help! The doctor called a co-worker/friend Sandi Atkinson and she brought my cell phone and helped me cry for a while. Dr. Turnage had a surgeon she recommended come by to answer as many questions as my muddled brain could think of while Sandi took notes. Hopefully, we can both read them at the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment