Thursday, July 30, 2009

THE SURGEON SPEAKS

Enter Dr. Mark Tullos, surgeon. Hey! He's young and he's cute! That did distract me for a minute, but reality hit when it was time to get 'up close and personal.' I suppose it makes sense that every doctor will have to examine the breast in order to make decisons on what to do. Sandi is not crazy about my exibitionism, but I guess we are now "bosom buddies!" Dr. T says I have two options, but neither of them sound like anything I want. He wants me to see an oncologist who will be able to answer treatment questions that the surgeon doesn't handle. He's very patient with us and all our questions. (I think he has been through this before.) While I ask about scars, how invasive will the surgery be, and how do we know it is only the left side that has cancer--Sandi wants to know where he went to school and how long he has been a surgeon. Together we are covering all bases! He's been a surgeon for nine years, got his education at Baylor Medical School & Temple University. Sounds fine. Dr. Tullos is gone and we talk to his nurse. It was reassuring to know that the mother of Dr. Tullos’ nurse had him for her surgery. That's a darn good recommendation. Both the nurse and Dr. Tullos gave me their business cards and said "Call with ANY questions!" If they knew how many questions I will come up with, they might not have given me their numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment