Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Saying Thank You in Everyway

HAIR – EVERYWHERE!

Hair is still be on my mind, if not on my head! On Tuesday, August 18, Dianne (bless her heart!) had the ominous duty of giving me the ‘buzz’ cut. It just made sense to get it all cut off rather than wake up on a fuzzy pillow. I cried. I gagged. I cried more. But, when all was said and done, I felt empowered. It was MY choice on when all the hair came out; the THING did not get to decide! The following day, I opted for a scarf to cover my very shiny head. It was well received by my co-workers. Sara Schindler told me I looked ‘avant-garde’ in my scarf. I like that—even though my head itches constantly. On Thursday, I wore my “Sharon” wig—the one that reminds me of Sharon Osborne’s haircut. The wig drove me to distraction. I tugged and pulled on it all day—and my head itched like crazy. I want to scratch like a dog with fleas!!



ADVENTURES

This week, my friend J. B. Morris surprised me with a visit on his Harley. He even wore his famous chaps! The chaps are only famous to that group of gals he took to dinner in San Antonio, but they are VERY FAMOUS in this select group. Here we are on his Harley in the AFCA parking lot. I did not ride, as that was ‘wig’ day and there is no way the wig could have lasted for a ride around town! Over the weekend, I felt great and was able to attend “the” wedding. Vince Thompson (seen in photos elsewhere in a black wig looking like Elvis) married Lisa Graves in Goldthwaite, Texas. I rode to the ceremony with Coach and Mrs. Teaff and had a good time. By the time we got in the car to leave, I was pretty exhausted and snoozed most of the way home. Congratulations Vince and Lisa. It was great to be there and share all the joy (and fun) of your wedding day. Vince and Lisa are currently on an Alaskan cruise for their honeymoon!

THANK YOU – MERCI – GRACIAS – 谢谢 - DANKE - ありがとう

No matter how you say it--I thank you all so much for your continuing support. I’ve started a scrapbook with all the cards and notes I’ve received. Looking through them over and over continues to bring a smile to my face. The overwhelming support I am receiving is so gratefully accepted. My thank you notes are late coming, but they are no less sincere in my appreciation of your kindnesses.

WEEKLY CHUCKLE



One of my favorite convention pals, who is also follicley challenged sent me this picture of himself with an unruly mullet wig. Thanks, Barry!!!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you FINALLY got to see JB in the chaps! Miss you, love you and praying for you!

    ~Shannon T

    ReplyDelete
  2. janet, jenna has given me your website to read. i cannot begin to tell you how much i admire the way you are dealing with this 'thing'. i keep you in my prayers and wish you well thru this journey. keep up the fight!
    -julie wilbanks-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning, noon and night.... three times each day prayers go up. We're praying big so big blessings are on the way. Eric

    ReplyDelete