Thursday, August 6, 2009

CHEMO PLUS ONE, TWO, AND THREE DAYS

On Saturday, Kathy and I went to the hospital for an injection of an anti-nausea medication called ‘Nevlasta’ – as in nausea ‘neva’ lasts! I like that idea—but it is only a theory. I accidentally invented a new word last week when sending notes to Sandi for the blog. A typo created ‘MAUSEA’ which I actually experienced on Monday after my first chemo treatment. I think it is a combination of “massive” and “nausea.” While at the hospital, I met the other oncologist, Dr. O. I really like him a lot. He has beautiful long eyelashes. I hope I do, too, when the chemo is all out of my system!

Sunday I didn’t feel too badly, just very tired. Nothing that I have not been told to expect, but I never realized how really tired a person can get! So, I sacked out in my new ‘jungle themed’ bed and stayed cozy. I hear…"In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight" every time I cover up!

Monday, I made it to work fairly easily, but did nap with my head on my desk during lunch. The “mausea” is a bit stronger today than yesterday.

Tuesday was the worst day. My bones ached so much and it took all my effort to get ready and get to work. Emotions ran high early in the day, but I ‘got a grip’ and made it until 5. Work is good for me, even though my thought processes seem to get jumbled. My co-workers sarcastically say I seem like my normal self.

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you Janet.... so do me a favor and post any prayer needs you have and don't worry if they seem big or crazy. God is a big God who loves to answer big prayers....and based on my own recent events, He seems to enjoy the big ones :-)

    We have a lot of people praying so we have your back on this.

    Great blog.... keep it going !

    Eric K 230-5399

    ReplyDelete